- B.A. in Economics awarded by the University of Texas at Austin, 1979.
- Chartered Property & Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) awarded by the American Institute for Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriters. The CPCU is widely considered the premier designation in the property and casualty insurance industry.
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM) awarded by the Insurance Institute of America. The ARM designation reflects extensive education in risk management and insurance.
Mr. McNeel is Vice President of Business Development for Capstone Associated Services, Ltd. Lance brings over 30 years of experience in all areas of the insurance industry, including property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, and reinsurance.
Mr. McNeel served as Vice President for AmGRIP, a division of Victor O. Schinnerer (Marsh subsidiary), where he was responsible for the development of exclusive underwriting programs with insurers and large self-insurance pools.
Mr. McNeel’s duties included responsibility for underwriting and broking reinsurance placements for clients, marketing the programs to independent agents and brokers nationally, manuscripting policies and endorsements and designing efficient workflows. During his tenure at AmGRIP, Mr. McNeel was an integral part of a three-person team that wrote and presented the successful proposal to the newly formed Texas Workers’ Compensation Insurance Fund (now called Texas Mutual Insurance Company) to administer the underwriting and marketing operations for the Fund on an outsourcing basis. The bid was released in early November 1991 and awarded to AmGRIP in the first week of December 1991. The first policy was written on January 1, 1992, and Texas Mutual is now the largest writer of workers’ compensation in Texas with a market share of just under 40%. As a result of this contract, AmGRIP grew from an operation of 30 employees to over 250 employees in less than a year.
Mr. McNeel also served as Site Manager for a division of Computer Sciences Corporation that provides business process outsourcing to the insurance industry. Mr. McNeel managed the Houston office that provided administration of over 300,000 life insurance policies with 50 employees. The operations reporting to Mr. McNeel included Client Services, Underwriting, New Business, Claims, Accounting and Compliance.
Below are some articles written by Lance McNeel, CPCU, ARM
- Captives: Boss of the Medical Stop-Loss
- Captive Insurance, Oil & Gas Companies and Financial Risk Mitigation
- Get Smart About Your Business Interruption Insurance
- Filter Out the Noise – The Real Issue is Insurance
- Mitigating Inherent Risks with a Captive Insurer
- B.B.A. in Accounting awarded by the University of Texas at Austin, 1978
- CPA licensed 1981, State of Texas (Ret.)
- NYSE Licenses: Series 7 - General Securities Representative Exam, Series 63 - Uniform Securities Agent Law Exam and Series 65 - Uniform Registered Investment Adviser Law Exam (RIA)
- Texas Department of Insurance, General Insurance Lines-Life, Accident, Health & HMO
Mr. Williamson is Director of Business Development for Capstone, bringing over 30 years of experience in the financial services industry. Mr. Williamson spent 27 with Wells Fargo Securities and The Westcap Corporation as an institutional fixed income specialist in mortgage derivatives.
Over the course of his career, John has worked with decision makers for financial institutions, public entities, and corporate enterprises, evaluating strategic and tactical risks to fixed income portfolios, including credit, market, liquidity, regulatory, and structure.
In recent years, Mr. Williamson practiced a values-based consultative approach as a wealth manager with Capital Management Advisors LP, where he was responsible for designing customized, private wealth plans for clients while coordinating the execution of advanced trust and estate planning efforts, with a focus on family wealth.
Mr. Williamson was formerly a practicing CPA with a strong financial background and successful history with middle market clients.
Mr. Williamson forges strong relationships with business owners who are interested in alternative risk management and planning solutions, such as captive insurance companies. As an integral part of Capstone’s multidisciplinary team, Williamson works with clients to form their own captive insurance companies to pre-fund future losses, promoting financial efficiency. Mr. Williamson is also instrumental in expanding Capstone’s referral partner network with CPAs and financial advisors.
- MBA, Marketing, DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois, 2001
- BA, English, Abilene Christian University, Abilene, Texas, 1988
Clete Thompson has over 20 years of experience as a marketing executive, sales professional, and client manager at both Fortune 500 and middle-market companies. After a 7-year tenure with Capstone at its Houston headquarters, Mr. Thompson returned to Capstone in 2017 following a four-year hiatus, to work out of Capstone’s Phoenix offices. Prior to working at Capstone, Mr. Thompson developed his marketing expertise in financial services, managing post-acquisition rebranding initiatives for two top national lenders.
Mr. Thompson’s 25 years of sales and marketing experience again positions him for success at Capstone, where he develops relationships with business owners and advisors, educating them on the benefits of captive insurance planning. Mr. Thompson ensures that businesses in a variety of industries can mitigate risks while drawing on the full resources of Team Capstone along with its Southwest team leader.
Capstone continues to expand, providing excellence in attorney-led captive planning. Clete Thompson is an integral part of the Capstone team, assisting clients in compliant alternative risk and captive planning.
Please contact us for more information.