Capstone Associated Services, Ltd. presents “55 Captive Tax Matters, Lessons Learned,” which examines successful outcomes in more than 55 captive insurance tax matters over the past two decades. Originally broadcast on May 3rd, 2018, this video webinar focuses on operational issues of captive practices that ultimately affect a federal income tax or regulatory examination. Each panel member has substantial, personal on-the-ground experience with captives and includes CPAs, a CPCU, tax attorneys, and a captive manager.
- Current IRS audit, appeals, and litigation issues
- Design of captive insurance company coverages
- Issues affecting captive policy premiums
- The function of the Captive Manager
- The importance of contemporaneous documentation
- Analysis of pending Tax Court cases
- Status of IRS compliance efforts
- Form 8886 filings
- 0:03       Introductions by John Williamson, (CPA Ret.), Capstone Associated Services, Ltd.
- 4:58       Presentation by Stewart A. Feldman, CEO & General Counsel at Capstone Associated Services, Ltd.
- 26:51     Discussion with Lance McNeel, CPCU, ARM, VP of Business Development at Capstone Associated Services, Ltd.
- 38:07     Captive Tax Discussion with:
- Val Albright, Esq., Foley Gardere
- Logan Gremillion, Esq., The Feldman Law Firm LLP
- Steve Cohen, Esq., (CPA Ret.), The Feldman Law Firm LLP
- 1:20:18   Discussion with Stewart A. Feldman, CEO & General Counsel at Capstone Associated Services, Ltd.
- 1:38:25   Discussion with David Liptz, CPA, Liptz & Associates
- 1:52:46   Q&A with webinar attendees
Attorney-led Captive Planning for the Mid-market
Capstone is the most integrated and comprehensive outsourced provider of captive insurance services for the U.S. middle market. In association with The Feldman Law Firm LLP, Capstone offers platinum level attorney-led captive planning and administers property & casualty captive insurance companies that provide alternative risk financing services throughout the U.S.
Now in its CAP_YEARS_SUPER year, Capstone provides turnkey services usually under a joint engagement with The Feldman Law Firm LLP, to mid-market businesses.
Unlike most other captive management companies, Capstone’s turnkey service providers do not disclaim tax and legal support. The company has an award-winning track record for standing with clients in the design, implementation, ongoing management, and defense of their property & casualty captive insurance programs. Capstone has successfully administered and successfully managed over CAPTIVE_FORMATIONS captives since 1998. The Feldman Law Firm LLP has experience in more than TAX_CONTROVERSIES tax controversies, all to successful conclusions.
Capstone's staff of insurance professionals includes Chartered Property & Casualty Underwriters, Associates in Risk Management, accountants and administrators, in addition to the affiliated The Feldman Law Firm LLP's tax, corporate, financing and regulatory lawyers, and outside CPAs, risk managers, property & casualty professionals, and actuaries.
Together, this team offers middle market companies the most comprehensive risk planning solution available.
Learn More About Captive Insurance
- Get the basics. "Captive Insurance Explained in Plain English" provides a simple overview of how captives work without the industry jargon.
- Want a little more depth on captives? Check out our Captive Insurance page for more information.
- See captives in action with "7 Ways Businesses are Using Captive Insurance."